Friday, March 11, 2016

50 Words Contest - Dancing on Daddy's Feet

I love a fun contest & Vivian Kirkfield gave us a challenge to write a story in 50 words, just like Dr. Seuss did. If it's good enough for the good Doctor, it's good enough for me. Check out her blog for other stories. 
My story came to mind while reminiscing about my dad, Richard Hackman, a jazz lover, zoot-suiter, and educator, gone to soon. So this goes out to all of you who learned to dance while DANCING ON DADDY'S FEET.

DANCING ON DADDY'S FEET

By Kathy Halsey

I love to dance with Daddy.
He dances to and fro
And me? I dance with Daddy
always on my toes.

I love to dance with Daddy.
He really keeps a beat,
and when we dance together,
we both have happy feet.

Daddy and me?
What a treat!


10 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Kathy...you gave us a story, a smile, and a walk down memory lane...all in 50 words or less! That's pretty impressive, I'd say.
    Thank you so much for joining in the fun...this is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ty, Vivian. It came to me out of nowhere a few nights ago.

      Delete
  2. Lyrical and warming to the heart-well done, Kathy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TY for reading, Charlotte. Warm-hearted like YOU.

      Delete
  3. Kathy! Thank you! You sent me back to my childhood, standing and dancing on my father's feet. I love this 50-word story you wrote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think many of us have these great memories, right, Leslie?

      Delete
  4. So sweet! I love Daddy-child moments like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. JIlanne, thank you for reading & commenting!

    ReplyDelete